[lbo-talk] hiding from the archives...

ravi listmail at kreise.org
Tue Oct 4 07:28:25 PDT 2005

some of you may be interested to know that AFAICT lbo-talk seems to honour the "X-Archive:" header. so, if you want your messages to the list to not be archived (in the lbo-talk archive; this method is not necessarily safe for other archives), then add the mail header "X-Archive: No" to your message.

don't know how? its simple in mozilla/thunderbird:

http://email.about.com/cs/mozillatips/qt/et030604.htm

or it can be done using a procmail or equivalent filter on the way out. ping me if you have questions or are interested in more info.

[i am assuming doug and jordan have no problem with our using this feature, since they left it turned on, in the mailman configuration]

--ravi

-- If you wish to contact me, you will get my attention faster by substituting "r" for "listmail" in my email address. Thank you!