[lbo-talk] re: ART FORUM ACCIDENT!

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 4 08:00:04 PDT 2005

> This is a very embarrassing accident that happened at the opening
> of the Art Forum 2005 Art Fair in Berlin... If you want to check it
> out:

Oddly, this isn't an original, er, appproach to art criticism.

About 10 years ago an artist in Toronto gorged himself on blueberies and a bunch of other blue food, went into the Art Gallery of Ontario, jammed a finger down his throat and hurled all over a painting (a Mondrian I think) that was dominated by the color blue. He claimed it was a comment on the effect that art (literally) had on him.

If memory serves a couple of years later he and at least one other 'artist' were charged with cruelty to animals after they videotaped themselves catching, slowly killing, and then cooking a cat. The videotape was labelled a piece of performance art.

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon