[lbo-talk] hiding from the archives...

ravi listmail at kreise.org
Tue Oct 4 08:25:32 PDT 2005

At around 4/10/05 10:59 am, Doug Henwood wrote:
> ravi wrote:
>
>> some of you may be interested to know that AFAICT lbo-talk seems to
>> honour the "X-Archive:" header.
>
> Honored (or honoured, should your culture prefer that spelling)

nothing cultural about it. that's the way the word *is* spelled. ;-)

> by
> omission, not by intention. I want this to be an open, public forum, and
> the archives are an integral part of it. Lots of people read the
> archives. So if you've got privacy concerns, use a pseudonym. Jordan's
> going to turn it off.

oy! had to shoot my mouth off :-(.

this should probably be offlist: aren't you using 'open' here in the wrong sense (similar to judy miller's "protecting" her source?). i.e., the forum remains open and public even if a message is not archived.

anyway, you are the boss ;-).

--ravi

-- If you wish to contact me, you will get my attention faster by substituting "r" for "listmail" in my email address. Thank you!