[lbo-talk] re: ART FORUM ACCIDENT!

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Oct 4 10:28:08 PDT 2005

Doug:
> And don't forget the inspiring example of Tony Shafrazi, who
> spray-painted the phrase "Kill Lies All" on Picasso's Guernica in
> 1974. He now runs a snazzy art gallery in NYC
> <http://www.tonyshafrazigallery.com/>.

There is no such thing as negative publicity, is there?

What gets me about this kind of high brow charlatanry is that if a poor kid sprays graffiti - he is labeled "criminal" and thrown in jail - whereas these wannabie white collar criminal schmucks not only walk free but become wealthy and respected members of the community. I suppose liberal using of spray paint inside Mr. Shafrazi's own gallery would be an interesting case of poetic justice, no?

Wojtek