[lbo-talk] Vladimir Putin's place in the ranks

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 13:58:50 PDT 2005

The CIA Factbook gives $9900 per year in PPP terms, a bit higher than Mexico. I don't know if that includes pensioners -- that would drive the average wage stats way down. Anecdotally, I would put the average Moscow wage at about $1000* a month for a family taken together, not converted to PPP and not including pensioners, but Moscow's living standards are much higher than the national average (I'm ommitting immigrant labor here too).

*This was the Moscow Mayor's Office's figure in 2003, if I remember correctly.