[lbo-talk] Bush's Pit Bull

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Tue Oct 4 14:04:49 PDT 2005

Marjorie Cohn | Harriet Miers: Bush's Pit Bull http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/100405I.shtml Bush has nominated his Texas crony as a stealth appointment to the Supreme Court. Marjorie Cohn writes that although the Senate will be hard-pressed to discover Harriet Miers's positions on the critical issues, she does have a long record of loyalty to Bush, whom she calls "the most brilliant man I ever met." Bush undoubtedly knows where she stands - and it doesn't appear to be on the side of civil liberties.