[lbo-talk] DN! - Inequality in the Wake of Katrina:

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Oct 5 08:33:56 PDT 2005

Tommy Kelly quoted Heritage hack Dan Mitchell:

>Do you want to make America more like France

I could imagine worse things.

>with double-digit unemployment and economic stagnation?

French unemployment is high, yes. But growth isn't bad, and neither is daily life. A poll reported in today's FT shows that nearly three-quarters of the French approve of the union-led protests yesterday, warning against the neoliberal agenda. I don't see any mass movement in France to invite Mitchell over for a consult.

Doug