[lbo-talk] Rivera to Shachtman to Wohlstetter to Wolfowitz?

Tom Walker timework at telus.net
Wed Oct 5 10:51:08 PDT 2005

Michael Pugliese wrote,/

/> None of the alleged Trotskyist atomic
> particles wound up in Ellsberg's head.

You're beating a straw man. Somebody put that photo of the mural on the cover of the World Development Report. Wolfowitz signed off on the report and presumably the cover. These are intelligent, cultured people. They know who Diego Rivera was and what politics he associated with. They also know about the neocon=trotskyist fables. It seems to me quite clear that there is some sort of meta-communication going on here. Exactly what it is I won't speculate. It may be: "Boy, THIS will get their attention (heh heh)!" Or they may be playing a more rococo (Doyle Saylor's term) in-joke. One thing I'd have a hard time believing is that it was a coincidence.

Now if any of these characters had even gone to a cocktail party that was also attended by a low-ranking functionary in a Stalinist front group, that would be another story!

The Sandwichman