[lbo-talk] KPFA (was MALIK RAHIM: Yesterday's Radicals Devolve....)

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 5 11:41:04 PDT 2005

Well, as a Bay Area listmember who has followed events at the California Pacifica stations for some time, it certainly appears from the reports that I have seen that the local board in Berkeley are acting more as a force for stablility while the staffers seem to be the ones pushing the station into chaos - by first forcing out one general manager (Gus Newport) and attempting- fortunately without success thus far - to force out another (Roy Campenella). Further, the station is attempting to hire a program director - a position that hasn't been filled in year. It is not clear to me what the staffers want other than the status quo, which - at least prior to the 1999 events- featured programing that in the main did not adequately serve the diverse Bay Area progressive community. Steve