[lbo-talk] Was: Catholic Church admits fallibility of Bible -Is: fantastic to be a free human being!

Richard Harris rhh1 at clara.co.uk
Wed Oct 5 16:45:03 PDT 2005

Let me tell you, reading this list gives you an education. Much better than in some 'universities' I have taught in.

From: Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Catholic Church admits fallibility of Bible!

Satan offers The Son the wisdom of Athens, and The Son's reply includes the following:

Who therefore seeks in these True wisdom, finds her not, or by delusion Far worse, her false resemblance only meets, An empty cloud. However many books Wise men have said are wearisom; who reads Incessantly, and to his reading brings not A spirit and judgment equal or superior, (And what he brings, what needs he elsewhere seek) Uncertain and unsettl'd still remains, Deep verst in books and shallow in himself, Crude or intoxicate, collecting toys, And trifles for choice matters, worth a spunge; As Children gathering pibles on the shore. (Paradise Regained IV 319-331)