[lbo-talk] The Right's Left Turn

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Thu Oct 6 04:25:27 PDT 2005

I wouldn't trust FrontPage on anything. They are congenital liars and have an interest in highlighting the nutty aspects of some libertarians.

The common ground between libts and the left is significant, as long as the US Gov pursues Empire and resorts to repression at home in support of its imperial machinations. There is also the traditional agreement on civil liberties and personal freedom, including - for some libertarians -- reproductive rights. I suspect the libt's anti-war arguments work a lot better on the average person than the left's turgid discourse on imperialism.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org]On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:09 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] The Right's Left Turn

Michael Pugliese wrote:

> Incredible. Ron Paul, the Gold Bug nut. His theocratic Christian
>Reconstructionist y2k sky will fall loon relative Gary North.
> Carol Moore who believes sunspots determine the rhythm of activisms
>ups and downs.

Ron Paul may be a nut, but he's useful on this stuff. As are Lew Rockwell & antiwar.com. Rockewell is a civil libertarian and anti-imperialist - we need all of those we can get.