[lbo-talk] Rats and the Pied Piper

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 13:41:24 PDT 2005

> Congressional Republicans are acting like they want
> to put some
> distance between themselves & Bush. Rats, sinking
> ship?
>
> And if Fitzgerald has something up his sleeve,
> things could get
> mighty interesting.
>
> Doug

As I've said here before, Pat Fitzgerald is a tough, apolitical, fearless prosecutor whose only life goal seems to be to put bad guys away -- he's independent, incapable of being intimidated or bought, he doesn'rt wanted elected office or to be a judge (far as one can tell) to be be Attorney General. If there have been dirty deeds done dirt cheap or otherwise, the dirty deed doers do not want Fitzgerald to be the one set on their trail. He's nominally a Republican, but he's really a prosecutor, and that species likes nothing better than to colllect the heads the high and mighty. He's got former Ill. Gov. Ryan (a GOPster) on trial; if I were current Gov. Blagoivich (a Demican), I'd be worried, and if Karl Rove et al. did anything that could be construed as criminal, Fitz will find it out. And this one can't be fixed. So, let's hope we get to see what Bush will do without his brain.

______________________________________________________ Yahoo! for Good Donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. http://store.yahoo.com/redcross-donate3/