[lbo-talk] Rats and the Pied Piper

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 6 15:31:09 PDT 2005

Well, the rats are indeed turning. I find it hard to believe that it would be over any indictment. The Democrats are a minority in both houses of Congress and thus have no ability to impeach - even if they wanted to. During Iran-Contra, it was made clear that the Democrat leadership had no desire to remove Reagan from office. Under the current NewDem leadership any impeachment would be unthinkable - even if they had the votes. Reagan and Clinton both proved that indictments and scandals need not bring a President down, politically..

The vitriol of the right wing commentators sounds like they sense some sort of policy shift may be in the works or perhaps that the Bush Administration may be going into the same sort of trusteeship that the Reagan Administration was put into to when Howard Baker was put in as chief of staff. SR -------------- Original message --------------