Ripped off again (was Re: [lbo-talk] Ann Coulter loses it over Miers too)

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sat Oct 8 17:35:59 PDT 2005

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 16:08:25 -0400 Jim Farmelant <farmelantj at juno.com> writes:

Once again, I have had an idea expressed on this list that has been ripped off by a prominent columnist, this time, Maureen Dowd, in today's piece, "The Trouble with Harry," on Bush's nomination of Harriet Miers. I made a comparison between that nomination and Caligua's naming of his horse Incitatus for the office of consul. Sure enough, Ms. Dowd in today's column, in the print version (but not the online version of the column), there is a subheading which asks, "Who's the next appointee, Caligua's horse?"

Jim F.