[lbo-talk] Shakespeare, Coke, Bacon, Egerton

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 20:43:35 PDT 2005

Charles Ives, the modernist composer, was also an insurance man. I can't think of any poetical lawyers, as opposed to poets with some legal training. Btw, one theory about Shakespeare's "Lost Years" in the 1580s is that he apprenticed as a clerk to a lawyer. This is speculation based on the accurate and knowledgeable use of legal language in the plays.