[lbo-talk] Zizek

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 12 08:30:03 PDT 2005

>Speaking of which, SZ will be in New York in November, showing what
>he calls his favorite movie, "The Fountainhead," at the IFC Theater.
>The next day, Astra Taylor's splendid documentary on the great man
>will make its New York premiere.

Hey it's one of my favorites too, but I suspect for different reasons. It's the most succinct explication of the Randoid, err, philosophy around; rape and large scale vandalism as romantic art.

The scene with Patricia Neal, whatshisname 'Roarke' and the whip is right up there with Joan Crawford and the wire coat hangers as great bad moments in American cinema.

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon