[lbo-talk] Shakespeare, Coke, Bacon, Egerton

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Wed Oct 12 13:13:11 PDT 2005

-----Original Message----- From: Mark Bennett <mab at straussandasher.com>

> Dickens? Can't stand him, but he would have to be considered canonical,
wouldn't he?

I think this was the canonical reference to Dickens' upper-class nature:

http://www.beastiemania.com/lyrics/index.php?l=shadrach

Stealin' from the rich and I'm out robbing banks Givein' to the poor and I always give thanks Because I've got more stories that J.D.'s got Salinger I hold the title and you are the challenger I've got money like Charles Dickens I've Got the girlies in the Couple like the Colonel's got the chickens And I always go out dapper like Harry S. Truman I'm madder than Mad's Alfred E. Newman