[lbo-talk] O Glorious Day!

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall at adelphia.net
Wed Oct 12 18:20:59 PDT 2005

---- mike larkin <mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> "WASHINGTON - It has been weeks since Hurricane
> Katrina slammed into the Gulf Coast; since gas prices
> began spiking to record highs; and since Cindy
> Sheehan, whose son was killed in Iraq, held her
> antiwar vigil outside President Bush’s Texas ranch.
> But, according to the latest NBC News/Wall Street
> Journal poll, the fortunes of the Bush administration
> and the Republican Party have not yet begun to
> recover.

Polls are fleeting things sometimes---it's a nice breath of relief to see the sinking ship, but there is no guarantee that the passengers on that ship will jump into our boat.

Should we be worried that our 'team' (whoever that may be) needs to rely on the other team's self destruction to get points? Why couldn't we score points before this?