[lbo-talk] Zizek

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Oct 12 22:25:17 PDT 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, John Mage wrote:

> There weren't any pickets the last several times i was on that block,
> going back to September. I'm planning to have lunch (unless the weather is
> as miserable as it was today) at Pearl Oyster on Friday, and I'll check
> again. I noticed last week that the info pickets are still at Garden of
> Eden.

They come and go. As I understand it, that's the law with info pickets (i.e., all pickets that aren't part of of a strike): it's illegal for them to be continuous. I think they have to be gone 3 weeks for every 1 week on, and as time goes on they dwindle to half that if the Garden of Eden is anything to go by. But it would be embarassing if they showed up on the night of Zizek's film.

Michael