[lbo-talk] more on the econ Nobel

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 12:55:08 PDT 2005

I don't know if it's a "late" poem -- I think the conensus view is that after the Sonnets and the two published poems, all from the 1990s, pretty much, WS hung up his hat as poet. So I don't know when the P& the T is typically dated, but I'd be surprised if it was much after 1600. It's pretty well accepted as canonical. It's included in every Collected Works that I know. No doubt there are serious scholars who have raised questions. jks