[lbo-talk] blog!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Oct 13 20:20:54 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Michael Pugliese wrote:
>
> > Burstein, decades before becoming an investment advisor for the
> >Blackstone Group specializing in the PRC was cadre in the maoist group
> >that published The Call.
>
> Michael, you're a treasure. I forgive you all your bad formatting and
> temper tantrums.

October League, then Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist) [CPML], then collapsed after its membership mostly turned social-democratic. Michael Klonsky (whose photograph once appeared in the Peking Review sitting next to Chairman Mao) was its leader. Former SDS president (won by roughtly 2 to 1 margin over a garbage can), leader of RYM 2 group after split with Weatherman. Some years ago predicted that LRS would not be able to hold the Congress it was planning. Prediction proved true & LRS dissolved. (They didn't call themselves "Maoists" incidentally.) Carl Davidson, after dissolution of CPML, joined LRS. All these groups (LRS less so) fucked up by trying to form "United Front" after model of Chinese Revolution, but they were always hard put to name the classes that made up the UF.

Carrol