[lbo-talk] a question regarding the future

Sean Johnson Andrews inciteinsight at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 14 11:02:38 PDT 2005

So the argument is that ideology drives history? I can see it in this case since it seems the same kind of irrationality created the bubble in the first place. Makes sense that it could also make it collapse. But then isn't the real reason for the collapse--at least in these cases--a return of the material world to upset the smooth logic of the ideology? This, of course, would help amplify any change many times over--which makes the new perception a co-determining factor, but in this case, it is somewhat true. So is there ever really a recession that is separate from the results of some mass delusion or does it just become more volotile when you have an institution like the stock market?

-s