[lbo-talk] Report from KPFA CAB meeting

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Oct 14 18:15:29 PDT 2005

It is scary but worth pondering the fact that our attention is always poignantly drawn to that which we are about to lose or have already lost.

Romantic "Nature" pervades the arts just about the time every living thing starts to be wiped off the face of the earth...and everything becomes a "community" at the point where no community whatsoever is allowed to exist. To day "community" means nothing more than "special interest" with an aura of nostalgia.

I personally belong to the tango community, the belly dance community, the Bret Harte Middle School community, the ballet community, and the Sun community. Translation: I sit in front of the computer all day and type. Sometimes I go dance or help at my daughter's school.

Joanna