[lbo-talk] Report from KPFA CAB meeting

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Oct 14 19:58:54 PDT 2005

Well, now, that's an interesting one....because in fact the only time in my life that i've gotten to know as many interesting people and made as many friends as on LBO, was when I was in Grad school. But LBO is even better because they're all over the world.

In addition, as opposed to the "special interest" focus of most so-called communities, I would be hard put to place LBO in that category. It is made up of very diverse people -- diverse in nationality, income, profession, age, sexual orientation, etc. I was going to say gender, but there really aren't enough women. What we share seems to be an interest in the truth, in working things out for ourselves, ...our common humanity, an instinctive hatred of bullshit,....

Now I feel better about the countless hours I spend reading/writing lbo stuff. It does make me feel guilty a lot of times.

Joanna