[lbo-talk] Weather apocalypse now

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Sat Oct 15 12:49:05 PDT 2005

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Michael Pollak wrote:
>
>> And yes, I've learned Seattle doesn't rank as high on the rainfall charts
>> as its reputation.
>
> It drizzles most of the time, no?
>
> When I visited the Stranger's offices in 1997, an intern said that Seattle
> was the most passive-aggressive place she'd ever seen. Drizzle is p-a precip,
> no?
>
> Doug

Portland's pretty much the same: early fall to early summer = constant drizzle, with a few days of real rain. One way to tell the natives from the recent transplants is to see who's carrying an umbrella (most natives don't bother, because they know it probably isn't going to rain enough to muss them up). I've lived in Portland and Seattle most of my life, so I guess I just take it for granted. Hey, it makes everything green.

Miles