[lbo-talk] Half Life of the Dems

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Sat Oct 15 14:19:19 PDT 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Redmond" <dredmond at efn.org>

Nathan wrote:
> Oh come on Dennis. Requiring parental approval is not the same thing as
> throwing people in jail for flaunting conventions.

-California's law (signed by the Gropinator himself) bans sales and rentals -of games which show acts of killing, maiming or sexual assault which are -"especially heinous, atrocious or cruel". That's a code word for, anything -Dr. Breen and our esteemed benefactors don't like.

Yes- like an R movie, parents will now have to buy the games on behalf of the kids. The kids won't be able to buy them themselves. How is this more restrictive than how R ratings operate today in regards to movies?

Nathan