[lbo-talk] Half Life of the Dems

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Sat Oct 15 22:32:30 PDT 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: "andie nachgeborenen" <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com>

> California's law (signed by the Gropinator himself)
> bans sales and rentals
> of games which show acts of killing, maiming or
> sexual assault which are
> "especially heinous, atrocious or cruel". That's a
> code word for, anything
> Dr. Breen and our esteemed benefactors don't like.

-It's blatantly unconstitutional content regulation. -Won't last ten minutes in a court of law.

Why are you so sure? Other laws restricting sales to young people survive challenge. Public libraries often restrict the books young people can take out, so why should banning sales of certain video games not pass muster?

Nathan