[lbo-talk] Ace on fuel economy

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Oct 16 16:21:04 PDT 2005

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net wrote:

> One is that he just loves big old
> cars. Last I heard, he had about a dozen stashed in various locations
> around the US.

I have a friend who is a used car salesman. He says that the cars men want are the cars they wanted when they were teenagers. When A.C. was a teen and, I expect, living in Britain, the "hot" cars were the big, sleek American boats. The other thing about a big car if you're a guy, I suppose, is that they should be big enough to have sex in, which is also a big part about teen car thinking. I have another Brit friend who came to the states. Philsophy prof at Stanford. The first two things he did in the U.S. is to by a King Size Bed and a great big American sixties convertible. He used it till it fell apart and then he got a Jeep Cherokee. What he loved about the U.S. was driving the big car, sleeping in the big bed, long shower, and the water pressure.

Joanna