[lbo-talk] Half Life of the Dems

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Oct 17 07:10:00 PDT 2005

Justin:
> It's pretty funny that Arnie, Terminator
> actor/director/producer, signs on to this. Although
> maynbre he doesn't think that the violence in the
> Terminator movies is sexual assault which are
> "especially heinous, atrocious or cruel". . . .

Arnie the Terminator is pretty tame and wussy comparing to the contents of some newest video games (cf. Grand Auto Theft). - this stuff really makes your adrenaline rush - which is, as I argued elsewhere on this list - is exactly the quintessential nature of shock-jock culture and politics in this country.

If the ban does not stand in courts it will be mainly for that reason. Most American do not give a flying fuck about freedom of speech, liberty and any of them big 5-dollar words. They want thrill and excitement and the delusion of power - and the entertainment industry and its cousin politics - are supplying these highly demanded delusions. Banning that is worse than banning apple pie and baseball - which after is a boring game if it were not for the booze.

Wojtek