[lbo-talk] Don't know what to call is, was (Mussolini, Trotskyite_

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 08:58:01 PDT 2005

--- Mike Ballard <swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

This fear was not
> unfounded as the WWII history of the Crimean
> Tartars, among others had shown.

BTW I asked my admittedly totally unscholarly source on things Uzbek, otherwise known as my Sexy Uzbek Waitress (SUW), about what happened to the Tatars afterthey were deported to Uzbekistan.

I asked "are there any left there today?" (her: "no, they went back to Crimea or Turkey"), "did most of them really support the Nazis?" (her: "you bet!"), and "what do Uzbeks think of the Crimean Tatars?" (her: "Fucking Nazi-loving Tatars gor resettled in Uzbekistan in free government housing where they got rich and lived better than Uzbeks. Plus they're Tatars and we don't like Tatars in general.").

FWIW, according to her the Bolsheviks were very populer among the female population of Uzbekistan. The Soviets had a very unambiguous religion/gender policy in Uzbekistan. "Divorce your second wife, or go to jail. Take off the burka, or we have a place in Siberia waiting for you." Quite popular among women apparently.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!