[lbo-talk] Madonna discovers sin

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 18 10:46:05 PDT 2005

> Reading from Scripture at one point in the film, the mother of two -
> who won't let her children watch TV or eat ice cream - says, "I refer
> to an entity called 'The Beast.' I feel I am describing the world that
> we live in right now."

I love hearing people who have spent the last 20 or more years living in bubble of privilege, wealth, adulation, unquestioning validation from sycophants, and having every whim sated, talking about living in 'my world'. Especially when they wrap that in some half-baked version of 2000 year old mysticism.

Fuck you lady. Call me when you've moved back to believing in live sex shows and maybe pyrotechnics. At least that would be more entertaining to watch than enduring the pseudo-apocalyptic musings of an addled disco refugee. And in the mean time let your kids have some frickin' ice cream. Sheesh.

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon