[lbo-talk] Re: working class?

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Thu Oct 20 06:30:53 PDT 2005

An amusingly written aside to this whole investigation, written from the lower depths....

http://myscratchingpost.blogspot.com/

Well that’s it . we’re no longer ‘WORKING POOR’

That’s right, now we’re just plain old POOR!

Apparently the people at Sam’s ‘new’ job didn’t feel like waiting any longer for the doctor to ok him to take on his full duties so they canned his ass - err

I mean his job was terminated (I wonder if they sent in Arnold Schwarzenegger to give him the news)

Rather than tell him this after work yesterday they were kind enough to wait until this morning so that he could get up at 5am and get an hour of work in before they gave him the boot . YAY!! I suppose it would have been too much to wait till the end of the day today since he was ALREADY THERE – gas ain’t exactly cheap ya know?

Here’s a little tip for anyone who is in charge of hiring and firing . If you MUST let someone go, be kind enough to NOT make them waste an hours worth of gas just to get this news!!!

So anyway that’s what's going on here in kittyville today . Keep your fingers crossed that he finds a decent job soon or it’s bye bye kitty because there’s no way we can justify this lightening fast connection if we’re unemployed!! hehehe

On the bright side – what I thought for the last 3 or 4 days might be pink eye turned out to be just a wild eyelash growing in a weird direction and spearing my cornea!!

Woo Hoo!! I knew if I kept looking I’d find SOMETHING poking my eyeball eventually!! ahh once again perseverance saves us $100 on a trip to the doctor and medicine!! YAY!!!!

This one is good too:

http://advertisingsux.blogspot.com/

Regards, Mike B)

Read "The Perthian Brickburner": http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal