[lbo-talk] Salon's Advice Columnist: No Sob Sister!

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Oct 21 11:26:09 PDT 2005

> you had money for an attorney, shrink, and numerous other things, asshole

If someone cannot get a free or low cost legal consultation in this country, there must be something seriously wrong with that person. There are many legal clinics run by bar associations, NLG, or simply attorneys offering a free initial consultation or working pro bono (I found one in the case I was referring to) - especially in cases involving employment discrimination. You could obtain a legal advice for $30 or less or nothing at all in most situations.

Also, have you ever heard of workman's compensation? It is a federal program that pays for treating occupational injuries, you know. FYI: http://www.dol.gov/esa/owcp_org.htm

It is all too common to blame others or the circumstances for not being able to get one's act together, but I am too old for such canards.

Wojtek