[lbo-talk] Bush as Diversion

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Oct 21 17:46:25 PDT 2005

Dennis Redmond wrote:

> Whatever are you talking about? The military arm of the US Empire is being
> ground to pieces in the Tigris-Euphrates meatgrinder. 2000 dead, 15000
> officially wounded, at least 50,000 more deeply traumatized, morale in the
> pits, $200 billion down the toilet, and the insurgents are taking out
> Bradley fighting vehicles like they're popcorn.

I of course hope that you are right (allowing for a certain extravagance in your description). My political thinking is grounded, in fact, on the hope and expectation that something like what you say here is true.

BUT all that is being destroyed in Iraq is the initial strategy of the Bush adminstration. You are day-dreaming if you think the defeat of that particular policy is a bit more than a preamble to a beginning to confronting the real power of u.s. imperialism.

Carrol