[lbo-talk] U.S. ARMY DESERTER DESCRIBES 40 YEARS IN NORTH KOREA HELL

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Oct 22 08:18:27 PDT 2005

Michael Hirsch wrote:
> Chuck wrote:
>
> >The WWP has a cozy relationship with the North Korean government. I'm
> not the first one to point that out. This should be a problem for the
> anti-ar movement and is one of the reasons why ANSWER should have been
> opposed by rank-and-file activists. Very little was done to oppose
> ANSWER and as a consequence the American anti-war movement has been a
> complete non-factor for the past three years.<

It goes without saying that the anti-war movement has been a nonfactor. Very few of its protests have gotten any national coverage whatsoever. The anti-war movement hasn't moved or affected public opinion. The movement has disempowered and demobilized activists who had been inspired and fired up after Seattle. More and more people have dropped out of activism.

Sentiment against the war has grown, but that's because people can watch the news and read the newspaper and see the ugly truth before their eyes. If anything that we've done has worked, we should give credit to the alternative media which has been hammering away at the war and the Bush administration.

Chuck0