[lbo-talk] Bush as Diversion

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Sat Oct 22 12:02:50 PDT 2005

Carrol : For over a century every single promising mass movement of the left (both those that took mostly non-electoral form and those that tried to incorporate electoral work) have been absorbed and destroyed by the DP.

^^^ CB: The Civil Rights movement succeeded in ending Jim Crow, and the Peace movement helped end the Viet Nam war. In that sense they were not destroyed. I wouldn't say they were exactly absorbed either. I don't see where the women's movement has been absorbed.

What are other promising mass movements of the last 50 years ?