[lbo-talk] Bush as Diversion

Culture Lab info at pulpculture.org
Sun Oct 23 10:45:53 PDT 2005

I think the difference is that some leftists make these claims in order to suggest something about the left in general. yoshie's just being polite and not naming you directly. it doesn't read as if she's trying to divide lefties into camps, or trying to say that, because some leftists are like this, you can draw some conclusion about the rest of the left. though you could read it that way.

As Manwich, the Squeezed-in-too-tight-SpaceMan, demonstrated the other night, cowardly pathetic little attacks use generalizing language, presumably because they were taught to be polite. Yet, they work to confuse the audience, making it appear that he never engaged in a personal attack at all. Such a master of propaganda, he.

Sacred cows make the juiciest hamburgers.