[lbo-talk] Re: working class?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 24 14:14:20 PDT 2005

>From: Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu>
>
>... the Lutheran church is the
>Catholic church without the pope.

Meanwhile, the Anglican church is the Catholic church with a mini-me Pope, the Archbishop of Canterbury. The Anglicans also share a key item of Catholic mumbo jumbo, "Apostolic succession" -- the claim that the spiritual authority of contemporary bishops connects directly to that of the original apostles due to an unbroken laying-on-of-hands extending from the latter to the former. Among Lutherans, I believe that claim is made only by the Evangelical Lutheran Churches of Finland and of Latvija.

Carl