[lbo-talk] "It isn't just that her utterances are factually incorrect and simplistic, "

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 21:58:29 PDT 2005

William Arkin of the WaPo pissed me off today. [heh]

William M. Arkin on National and Homeland Security

Cindy Sheehan and the 2000th Death http://blogs.washingtonpost.com/earlywarning/2005/10/cindy_sheehan_a.html

My reply:

Bill,

In regard to your simplistic statement:

"It isn't just that her utterances are factually incorrect and simplistic, or that they betray unsophisticated views of the world..."

I don't want to make the argument that you are somehow "unqualified" to engage in a complicated debate (sic), and of course we were led into this nasty little BIG war that was based on fabricated, " ...factually incorrect and simplistic..." statements, but PERHAPS Cindy Sheehan has come to understand the true cause of why someone could hate the U.S, it's people and institutions enough to do something as tragic as killing thousands of innocent civilians with one fell swoop. ...and she, like so many others, would rather point at the true cause of terror... The emperor is being exposed, no clothes and a pack of lies, lawbreaking, and deception of every other branch of our tricameral government... or what is left of it.

Does that make you uncomfortable Bill?

Good.

GWB is just the latest incarnation of that kind of arrogant, bullying, "state terroristic" behavior, and he's fair game for a woman whose son was killed over a pack of lies... and bad lies at that.

Our reliance on literal slave labor,and rape of resources on 85% of the rest of the planet and it's population so we can have cheap tennis shoes...

Is that simple enough for you, Bill? A good start on root causes of "terrorism"?

She's fed up, so am I, and millions of other folks. Get off it and do some real analysis. Maybe, with your help, we can unwind the position instead of just killing more innocents... to no avail.

I agree with RLB... "Your article is an excercise in how the corporate media works to marginalize sane discourse."

Stop it.

I don't want your resignation, I want you to wise up.

Thanks.

Posted by: Leigh Meyers | Oct 25, 2005 12:30:57 AM