[lbo-talk] re. Bernanke

N P Childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 25 05:55:24 PDT 2005

Fair enough. Did a little more digging on the net and I'd go with Joanna's point that this position is so important they took the decision away from dim bulb and appointed someone competent, rather than another loyal Bush family golden retriever.

It's a good thing he's done work on the great depression, he'll need it.

PC

> > I'm taking the crony status as a given, but beyond
> > that.....?
>
>Bernanke is by no means a Harriet Miers-style crony.
>The Supreme Court is not the august institution its
>mystifiers like to pretend it is, and you can fuck
>around there, appointing no-account friends of yours
>from Texas and so on. The Federal Reserve, on the
>other hand, you do not fuck with. FT describes
>Bernanke as the favored candidate of Wall Street,
>representing "continuity" with the Greenspan Fed:
>
>http://news.ft.com/cms/s/1a9af9d8-449e-11da-a5f0-00000e2511c8.html
>
>Who would have expected anything else?

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo