[lbo-talk] Drifting into paranoia.......or not..............

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 25 10:24:04 PDT 2005

>George Galloway, the Respect Party MP, has strongly rejected new allegations that he profited from
>Saddam Hussein's oil-for-food programme and then lied about it under oath. -Guardian

and

>Syria will be in the diplomatic crosshairs at the United Nations Tuesdaym - CBC

Is it just me or does the timing of all this really stink?

-2000 officially dead in Iraq with no sign the carnage will stop

-Rove and 'Scooter' looking at charges

-dim bulb's choice for SCOTUS tanking even with his far right 'base'

-the Katrina/FEMA fiasco

And the response is 'Hey, look, Syria's doing bad stuff! (the fact that it's the same stuff we've been doing all over the world for decades doesn't matter)! Another foreign guy with a mustache did bad stuff and made money off it too! Joseph Wilson did drugs!'

I mean I expect the media to play along with this horseshit for a while, but sooner or later somebody's going to notice........won't they?

Off to whistle some more in the dark........

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon