[lbo-talk] fish/barrel

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 25 14:51:38 PDT 2005

>But to see the connection, you have to have a behavioral model in mind, one
>that emphasizes the role of social interaction in individual behavior. I do
>have such a model in mind, even though it is not a "politically correct" one
>because it cuts across the left-wing and the right wing ideologies and
>tropes.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But while you're patting yourself on the back for cutting across ideologies and tropes, you seem to ignore that talking in disparaging terms about drunks, drug users, and losers who should stop watching tv and just go to graduate school, could be misunderstood or misinterpreted in a forum like this one.

Laws against drugs and vagrancy are two cornerstones of policing and your rhetoric sometimes shares characteristics with, dare I say, right wing law-and-order tropes. This is especially true when it's wrapped in the condescending tone you use so often.

If you are misunderstood here it might not be because you're so clever and free of political correctness, but because your communication skills are not that effective.