[lbo-talk] DD & Max on Bernanke: (Thank Heavens) He's no Feldstein

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Oct 26 11:18:31 PDT 2005

Max Sawicky : If you harken back to 1980-81 you can see how wrong things can get.

^^^ CB: Bad for us and good for them ? I thought the rich liked what Volcker did. Didn't the Fed want things to go bad for us and good for them ?

^^^^

The Fed is also supposed to regulate banks, and there are some activist groups who bird-dog their failure to do so, especially in the fields of red-lining and lending discrimination.

^^^^ CB: The Fed makes me think of the fox guarding the chicken coop, as far as protecting workig people from banks