[lbo-talk] Lost Souls

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 16:52:53 PDT 2005

Dennis Redmond:

Holy leaping neoliberal zombies! Neil Manke, who is to videogame level design what Kieslowski was to Eurovideo and Satoshi Kon is to East Asian anime, is back -- this time, at the helm of a brand new epic for the wondrous Half Life 2 engine, "Lost Souls", due in a few months:

http://www.blackwidowgames.com/

<snip>

I'm as big a fan of the Half Life and Metal Gear series of games, and gaming in general, (I'm at Kokatu.com everyday for example, like a moth to sodium halogen lights) as the next guy holding a PSP.

But I get the sense Dennis you think there's a 'deeper' subtext at work -- something noteworthy in the settings and storylines.

To be honest, I'm not seeing it. Hints of echoes of shadows of ideas? Sure. But not much else.

Could you describe what you see that I may be missing?

.d.