[lbo-talk] Lost Souls

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Wed Oct 26 16:57:31 PDT 2005

Doug wrote:

>>http://www.blackwidowgames.com/
>>
>>Intriguingly, Manke & Co. went back to late 1960s Eastern Europe to tell
>>their tale, taking a page out of Hideo Kojima's "Metal Gear Solid 3"
>>playbook.
>
> I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about.

It'll all be explained in the upcoming November issue of Uplink (http://www.efn.org/~dredmond/Uplink.html), but the short answer is, Neil Manke is one of the great videogame artists out there today. He and his team created some of the best non-commercial game modifications or "mods" for the PC-based "Half Life" videogame ever made -- ground-breaking, dazzling stuff. Truly a revolution in aesthetic form, and saturated with anti-neoliberal content.

-- DRR