[lbo-talk] dumb and dumber

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 27 14:31:17 PDT 2005

this is from a Washington Post story about the company I just sent the link to.

[...]

Next year, the company plans pimp attire for infants. The demand, says company spokesman Johnathon Weeks Jr., grows each year.

"We started with the pimp suit two years ago," Weeks said Wednesday from his Cerritos, Calif., office. "It's one of our biggest sellers.

"We also sell pimp and ho outfits to whole families: Mom, Dad, kids and the dog."

His customers span the racial and ethnic rainbow, he says. Most live in California, New York and Florida: "You know, where the real pimps hang out."

If Weeks sounds a bit brash, you should know he's only 21. His father, John, a salesman to independent toy stores, started Brandsonsale three years ago after the bottom fell out of the small toy-store business. Johnathon buys and designs merchandise for the company, which now employs 35 people. "We sell unique stuff that pushes the envelope," he says.

[...]

<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A40383-2004Aug27.html>