[lbo-talk] horse's mouth

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Oct 28 15:52:41 PDT 2005

Michael Pollak wrote:

> This is the first
> impressive press conference performance in 5 years.

Anecdote re Herbert Spence. On one of those "English Weekends" he was soundly beaten by a young man at billiards. His comment: "Young man, a moderate skill in a game improves the pleasure of all, but the level of skill you exhibit argues a misspent youth." ;-> I'd never thought of it before, but I've never seen a single press conference in my life! And I can't think of a single thing I've missed through that lack.

Carrol