[lbo-talk] horse's mouth

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Oct 28 16:52:13 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Carrol Cox wrote:
>
> >I'd never thought of it
> >before, but I've never seen a single press conference in my life! And I
> >can't think of a single thing I've missed through that lack.
>
> How do you know?

What of importance comes out in press conferences that doesn't flow through other channels in at most a month or two? Have you ever acted today, or even this week, on the news from a press conference? News less than a week or two old is mostly gossip rather than news anyhow, and it takes a month or two for the actual news to filter out.

Carrol