[lbo-talk] Re: Horse's mouth

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sat Oct 29 16:17:42 PDT 2005

It's not over. I think you're misreading this. The reason is only Libby is in the dock so far is because Libby was the only one he had an iron clad case against by the time the grand jury's deadline ran out. It was alread extended and can't be extended again. So now he's going to impanel a new grand jury, get them up to speed by showing them everything's he got, and continue on... Michael Pollak

I want to believe that.

But look at what has gone down so far, starting with the blatant and massive corporate frauds in the energy sector. As far as I know Ken Lay, Spencer Abraham, and Dick Cheney (there's that name again) were complete absolved by the `process', which entailed stonewalling Congressional investigations. The wild peregrinations of undeclared wars and the completely ad hoc legal justifications (inspired by Carl Schmitt?) for imprisonment, torture and murder by the DoD and the military got nowhere in Senate hearings during an election year.

The list goes on and on. I've lost track.

Money, blood, and dead bodies evidently don't constitute evidence of crimes anymore.

I am waiting for Bush to announce that Gonzales will be his next appointment to the Supreme Court...

CG