[lbo-talk] For some people . . .

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 30 03:36:31 PST 2005

> Chris Doss wrote:
>
> >Stalin may not have said it, but I just bought a
> >collection of Stalin-era jokes and anecdotes. I can
> >translate some of them and send them to you if you
> >wish. Some are quite funny.
>
> Oh yes, please!

I have the book at home, but I recollect a couple just off the top of my head. You could get sent to a labor camp for telling these at the time BTW.

1. A man goes out on Red Square and shouts "Death to the Tyrant!" He is promptly arrested and taken to Stalin and Beria.

Beria looks at him suspiciously and asks, "What tyrant were you talking about?"

The man replies: "Hitler, of course."

Stalin turns to Beria: "And what tyrant were YOU thinking of?"

2. It's a meeting of the Politburo. Somebody sneezes.

Stalin: "Who did that?!?!?"

Silence. Nervous fidgeting among those gathered.

BANG-BANG-BANG! It's Beria maintaining order in the hall. Some bodies get dragged off.

Stalin: "Alright, now, who sneezed?!?!?"

More silence. Nobody wants to speak up.

BANG-BANG-BANG! It's Beria again doing his thing. A couple more bodies leave the room.

Stalin: "This is my final warning. Who sneezed?"

Voroshilov stands up, shaking. "It -- it was me."

Stalin: "Gesundheit!"

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

__________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click. http://farechase.yahoo.com